David & Goliath are disgusting




Being in the fashion industry, especially the junior / college age group industry, is tough work. I have been doing it for a long time (since I was 15). There's always pressure to come up with something funny, something trendy, and something that will appeal to a wide range of consumers. That being said, I have always felt that there was a line that was never to be crossed concerning women, sexuality, and self-esteem. When you sell to this age group, you are helping this group of people discover who they are in life, what they want to say and present, through fashion, to the rest of the world.


I am outraged and disgusted by this new line of t-shirts from David & Goliath. Jokes about rape, STDs, eating disorders and jabs at self-esteem related issues are not funny and they aren't fashion.


There's been a lot said about these shirts this week, and I hope that this puts David & Goliath to shame- even better, I hope it puts them out of business.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!