Story Time Group Show

We were super excited to be asked to be a part of Oscar Rosales' Story Time Group show at Monkeyhouse Toys! The show opens this weekend and includes an amazing roster of artists. RSVP to the event on Facebook here!

Monkeyhouse Toys presents "Story Time Group Show” featuring original works by over 40 local, out-of-state, and international artists! This exhibition presents a unique opportunity for the artist to revisit their childhood and create an original character they would have loved to watch on TV or read about in a book when growing up. Each piece is accompanied by a short story written by the artist, exploring their characters fun world and adventures!

This family-friendly exhibition is open to the public. An opening reception will be held on October 19, 2013 from 5-8pm. Free Bleenkies character buttons and coloring pages will be available while supplies last!

Participating Artists:

64 Colors, Alina Chau, AMOS, Apple McKee, Bored Inc., Brianne Drouhard, Cheyanne Babineaux, Dee Chavez, Desiree Chung, Deth P. Sun, Elisa Sassi, Elsy Mendez, Emma SanCartier, Frank Furlong, Genevieve Santos, GMONIK, Heather Sybil Chavez, Heidi Kenney, Israel Sanchez, Jason Leung, Jennifer Lewis, Jerome Lu, Jesse Tise, Jessica Ebner, Jessica Miranda, Jiny He, Kevin Chan, Leslie Levings "Beastlies", Lori Lane, Luli Bunny, Mary Hoffman, Nhu Diep, Noël ILL, Oscar Rosales, OWLO, Philip Lumbang, RosieOne, Ryan Hungerford, Sandra Fremgen, Shanghee Shin, Shellie K, Sinae Park, Stephanie Unson, Steve Guerra, Tara Nicole Whitaker, Terri Berman, Unicorn Crafts and more!

Sponsors: Button-Lab, Bleenkies, Jarritos

The goal of the show was to create a character you would have liked to see as a kid. Here's our story and our party-dress wearing hippo!

In first grade, I wrote a story about a hippo wearing a polka dot party dress. When my teacher asked me what was wrong with the story, I thought I'd made some kind of grammatical error. I never thought she'd question my dress-wearing hippo. It was the first time I realized that not everyone shared my creativity- in my house, hippos DID wear dresses. This hippo became a kind of hero for my childhood, helping me to realize what a true gift creativity really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!