Saints & Sinners


This weekend, my boyfriend surprised me with an impromptu trip up to SF, where I checked out the Kelly Tunstall / Ferris Plock show, 'Saints and Sinners' for myself. It's at 111 Minna, which is a really great place to see a show. They have a couple walls of art by random artists (all for sale at great prices), a large additional space dedicated to the show of the moment, and a beautifully painted ladies room! (Sorry, I don't know if the men's room is equally as lovely)
The show was gorgeous in person, the photos really don't do it justice. Kelly Tunstall's pieces have an amazing amount of depth, made really rich by her muted color palette mixed with black outlines and bits of metallic here and there. Definitely pieces worthy of saint depiction! I wasn't familiar with Ferris Plock, but his pieces were brilliant as well, super detailed images of monster-goblin-demons oozing with character. If you are in the Bay Area, it's definitely a show worth checking out, and 111 Minna is definitely somewhere I'm going to visit again.

1 comment:

  1. It was you who took me! Thank you for a grand weekend, you should cover more stuff in the bay area!! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!