Naoshi




I fell in love with the work of Japanese artist Naoshi about a year ago, when I found her on Myspace. Naoshi creates her work using the Japanese method of Sunae, which means she uses colored sand to create the illustations. I used to play around with sand art as a kid- and if you did too, then you know how difficult it is! Mine never turned out right, there was always colors all mixed up and I usually ended up with more sand all over myself than on my artwork.
That's why I am in such awe of these pieces! Not only do I love the illustrations themselves- ice cream haired girls and sundae sittin' ladies... but when you think that they are made of sand! Totally amazing!
Naoshi has a website, here, and a great little Etsy shop where you can get prints of her work, here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!