Be Kind Rewind


Okay, I will admit, I had pretty low expectations for Be Kind Rewind. I saw it for three reasons:

1. Michel Gondry (Genius, love him)

2. Jack Black (Genius, love him)

3. Mos Def (Genius, love him)

So, these reasons were enough for me... and I went to see the movie about the man who becomes magnetized and erases a video shop full of films, and then has to re-create them. Yes, I thought it was a silly plot, and the trailer even looked pretty awful.


But, you know what? I LOVED IT! It was hysterical, and so so so clever- in that way that only a Gondry film can be clever. The ideas and props are so ingenious... I don't want to spoil it for you. Go see it, and prepare to be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!