My Artwork Was Stolen... Update

So today I talked to the lady in Denmark selling my artwork as patches and appliques. It turns out that she bought the artwork a year ago from an auction site in Denmark (similar to Ebay). A lady sells her "own original artwork" to manufacturers so that they can use the art on their products!


This is even worse- someone is taking my artwork (which I think she took from Flickr) and selling it to people! I am SO angry about this! Especially because the main way I make money is selling my art to manufacturers. How can someone be such a shitty human!?!? GRRRRRRR!


I am trying to get the name of the lady selling the artwork... but so far the patch manufacturer can't find her info. :(

2 comments:

  1. So Sucks.. Wasn't it a Dutch website selling your designs as patches? Like in, from the Netherlands? Either way, sucks.
    Strange that she says not to know who sold it to her. Doesn't she keep info on her contacts, if not for herself, receipts for tax purposes? Maybe i'm just too distrustfull. Will so keep on selling your designs though, even now she knows they are not totally 'legit'?
    Tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a big mess really. The lady making the patches is in The Netherlands, and she says she bought the art a year ago, and paid for permission to use it. She has been quite helpful really, and offered to pay us to keep selling the artwork. She says that since it was a year ago that she bought the images, the information is no longer in her paypal records- but I agree with you, it seems you would keep a record of this transaction for business purposes. I am hoping she can find it- either that or I am getting the run around :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!