Lords & Ladies

Jason Corace was nice enough to send me a copy of his game, Lords & Ladies. Illustrated by the wonderful Jen Corace (his sister), I was instantly drawn to the aesthetic of the design. A result of a very successful Kickstarter campaign, the game has different Lords and Ladies to choose from, which you assign your name of choice, plus a host of suitors (even a "foreign affairs" suitor expansion drawn by a roster of great guest artists including Evah Fan, Matt Stephens and Carson Ellis) plus a selection of servants. The goal is to build your house status through growing your family, hiring servants, and out-witting rival households. I've long been a fan of Edwardian drama (Jane Austen! Downton Abbey!) and this game includes all the juiciest bits of drama- watch out for detrimental gossip, philandering spouses, and drunken servants!

I'll be honest, I haven't sat down to play a board game in quite awhile. Lords & Ladies, however, was really entertaining, and I enjoyed both building my family while tearing down that of my opponent! I've only played with two players, but am looking forward to hosting some friends for a 4 or 5 person game- I imagine it only gets more fun with additional families to take down! Also, I didn't win the first time around... so I think I better work on my strategy!

Here's a link to the Lords & Ladies website, where you can purchase a copy, the Facebook page, and the Pinterest page, with lots of cool sketches and the inspiration that went into the design.

Here's a quick video promo explaining the game, and some photos I snapped of the beautiful game itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!