Fawn Gehweiler @ Urban Outfitters




A few weeks back I was rummaging through the mounds of clearance items at Urban Outfitters, and I stumbled upon a cute little birdie table. It was a little mangled, as things on sale at Urban often are, and I didn't get it. I've been thinking about how sad I was that I didn't get it ever since... and lo and behold, it was designed by Fawn Gehweiler! I don't know if the box just didn't say anything, or if I neglected to notice her name, but surely I would have scooped it up had I known!


She did a whole set of Scandinavian inspired items for Urban, including some cute prints. For some reason the prints are on sale- and I'm sure it's because Urban tends to think they have a certain kind of customer, privy to wonderful art, but it's my belief that this is not true. Urban does have a lot of cool stuff, and although their quality is sometimes below par,and they have also been known to steal art (from people like Princess Tina and Johnny Cupcakes), I just don't know if the kids shopping there know about people like Fawn, and appreciate great art.


Anyway, the table is adorable and so are the prints. She also has some really cute prints available in her webshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!