Tokidoki for Onitsuka Tigers



New collaboration between Tokidoki and Onitsuka Tigers are being released. You can pre-order them here.
These are cool, but to be honest, as much as I love Simone Legno's work, I just see it SO much, on everyone all the time, and I am just getting sick of it! I know that isn't fair- it's great it is so successful, but it's just being put on so many products and mass marketed so many places, it's a little too overwhelming. These ladies at the mall carrying those LeSportsac bags wouldn't know what kawaii meant if their life depended on it- but they know the bag is trendy, so they carry it around not knowing why. Awhile back I had coffee with a friend who is desinger obsessed. She won't buy anything without a label... and she pulled out a tokidoki wallet! When I mentioned I was surprised she had it she said she thought it was for little kids and didn't know why it was so popular. She didn't even like the art! To me, this isn't success- it's a trend, and trends die. I hope Simone can continue to create cute things and have longevity with his work... but he might have to slow down a little in the process!


3 comments:

  1. so cool! love all things tokidoki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply have the absolute cutest of taste! I can always count on finding something extra ultra cool here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thanks! and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!