GRSF : Tree Show III


Oooh there is a lovely new show coming to Giant Robot SF! I am definitely planning on seeing it before it gets taken down. Here are the details:

Tree Show III at GRSF, July 14 - August 8
Reception: Saturday, July 14, 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm

Giant Robot is proud to present Tree Show III. In the tradition of its predecessors, this group exhibition will feature arbor-inspired pieces by painters, illustrators, and other creators from street art, indie comics, printmaking, design, and crafty art backgrounds.

Some of my favorite artists will be participating! Including: Apak!, Bigfoot, Calef Brown, Richard Colman, Matthew Feyld, Fawn Gehweiler, Susie Ghahremani, Kathleen Lolley, Beci Orpin, PCP, Ferris Plock, and Kelly Tunstall.


This year's Tree Show will also be a fundraising effort for San Francisco's Friends of the Urban Forest, a non-profit organization that plants over 1,500 trees a year to keep San Francisco communities green. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of artwork will go towards their efforts. For more info: www.fuf.net.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/13/2007

    Jay! I' ll be in Sf then!I' m definately going to visit it.
    Do you have any other great tips there, or for Vegas and LA?
    Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am headed to this show as well! I will keep my eye out for shows in Vegas, and I usually post any LA shows that catch my eye!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting the TokyoBunnie blog, and for taking the time to comment!